You are here: Home > Consumer Protection > Saving At Home > Saving Energy $aves You Money
Saving Energy $aves You Money
- Install and set a programmable thermostat. This can save you an estimated 10% a year on heating and cooling costs.
- Use sunlight to your advantage. Choose window treatments that let sunlight in and reduce heat loss and gain.
- Energy Star certified products save energy and save you money. Using Energy Star appliances, fans and electronics throughout your home can save you nearly $750 over the lifetime of the products.
- Use an electronic power strip for electronic equipment. Turning off the power strip when devices are not in use can save you up to $100 a year.
- Lower your water heater’s temperature and install low-flow showerheads. These simple steps can reduce your water heating bills.
- Maintain your heating and cooling system. Check and replace air filters regularly. Don’t forget to have make an appointment for routine check and annual maintenance with a qualified technician for your home’s heating and cooling system.
These tips and more information can be found at ENERGY.GOV
The Department of Consumer Affairs’ mission is to make sure people who live or shop in Cuyahoga County get what they pay for.